Have you tried to grab your loaded backpack by the sternum strap and accidently popped it off right before your backpacking trip? The best way to get it back on and on the trail is:
- Find the larger side of the slider clip
- Use a small flathead screwdriver and insert into the clip slot
- Turn the screwdriver to force the clip to open wider, be careful not to use too much force and break it!
- Get the wider opened clip end onto the pack strap rail
- Get the screwdriver out of there and slide the clip fully onto the rail which can take some force.
- Get on the trail!
If you need a replacement sternum strap, please reach out to our customer service department here.